It is that time of the month again. I have reached my mid-month milestone on Water Lilies. Here is how Page 4 looks like now:) I am close to 1/3 done, as of now. There were two nights of no stitching so far - that is becuase my son demanded *complete* attention way past his bed time and close to mine!!
Also i am busyily working on the mystery piece for my husband. So last weekend i did not work on Alla Turca. In fact some part of this weekend will go in for the preparation for his birthday:) More on that by end of this month:)
Here is Oak Haven Design's June. Dear Tonia had send me both June and July charts this time, and i will hopefully complete July in July like i did June in June. Wouldnt you pls call that a catching up?
I am also doing a Christmas in July thing. Oh no, not on the cross stitch or gift front, but am currently reading The Christmas Books by Dickens. With this i will also complete the Dickens book of the year, eh.
And finally those of you who have seen my sidebar, will understand that i now have a new fever - applique. I have done some surfing, and have been *so* taken with couple of BOM blogs. I keep telling myself, i need to go slowly and steadily. My heart is there though, and there is glee written all over my face!! Thank you God, for giving me these avenues - so i now have reading books and cross stitching and will soon add applique work to my hobbies. Of course all these are taken up when Toto is busy napping:) Toto brings such happiness to me, and is an out-and-out stress reliever. Hmmm. I am so happy. Hopefully this will control my ebay purchases, LOL. Although my next month or so will go in researching where (O where) in Bangalore i can get fusible web or stabilizers.
Meari and Linda, thanks for responding to my posts. I am unable to comment in my own blog at times (@#$@#$), so could not reply.
Nice progress on your HAED! My Lanarte is very full and I can't imagine stitching one HAED without getting crazy ... so I admire you A LOT !!!
ReplyDeleteLovely progress on both your WIPs.
ReplyDeleteOh...I just now happened to read your comment..thanks a lot...was going through your blog,as,well..but its going take a while..!
ReplyDeleteLet me first reply to your queries..'water soluble fabric' is not available in India..
'Fusible, fabric ( 'interfacing,)' is available...its basically used to stiffen up collars..but only,one sided..not double sided..!
For applique, its better to use double sided(iron on) interfacing... if you are going to do machine applique,and the surface fabric is sturdy, u can still use a small quantity of table gum/glue to make a piece of applique, stick to the base fabric.
Hope this bit information is useful...
All the very best to your future projects!