Monday, September 28, 2009

My First Applique project and A Happy Shelf!!

Finally i get to show you my first applique project. This is from Vicci's BOM called Notions of the Heart, and i picked up Block 5, as that was closest to my heart:). As mentioned earlier, my Mother had got me the fusible interfacing. She assisted me in cutting the fabric too. I am so very happy at the outcome. Well, the sisterhood is definitely a YES and this bonding is here to stay:)
I did a li'l bit of work on the finishing part of OHD, but since i have still not received the September chart, we will wait...

The BOINK was taken up as per the rotation plan, and i have finished about 50% of the block. I would have finished another significant amount beyond what you see here, except that i slept too during my son's nap time.
The weekend past and the one before have been long weekends - the extra days away from work helped me finish my first applique. I was also able to make one shelf very happy. I know the photo could have been better, and am not that great to have avoided the shadow of the top shelf on my new friends (when clicking i did not even realise about the shadow...) but i digress...
I got not 5 nor 10 nor 15 books, but 19 of them in total - a mix of classics and contemporaries. Halleluia!!

2 comments:

  1. Your first applique project is just adorable! Congrats on the finish :) Great books, too. Boink is coming right along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your very first applique. May you have many more applique projects.

    ReplyDelete