Friday, October 23, 2009

Some to-do's

I had planned a week-long vacation, but had to cut it short by half. That did not dampen my spirits, not for long. I was happy i cud still go:) Had a wonderful time with my sister. My nephew is a darling. T wanted to hold and cuddle him. But the nephew (9months old!) did not feel comfortable to be held by anyone other than his Mom. He came to me after 2 days of 'reviewing' me, LOL. I could gradually change his slow smile to a hearty laugh, we even managed a dance or two. So far, three teeth in there:) Shweety pie.

T had a fun time too, he was very much at home at my Mother's place, and prolly busier than my Mother. Except for the vacation being shortened, we had no complaints, and in fact enjoyed every bit of our stay.
And now,
there is too much do at work
i am half-way thorugh the Cross Stitch Land blogs - not responded to any, but have read them
i am yet to look into the Applique World blogs
i have got to respond to Meari. I am one of her PIFers:) *happy dance*
yes, i have got to publish the PIF, and PIF it too:) I am thrilled, and have already started deciding what to send!!!

While on vacation, i completed another book Open House by Elizabeth Berg, and have now picked up The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve. That reminds me i have to update my blog on my reading progress. Both have the Oprah's Book Club stamp on them, and i have checked amazon reviews - both have a sizable number of 1-star reviews. Of course the 4 and 5 stars are WAY more, but still. Here's how my copy's front cover looks:
I have no stitchy pics this time, but i can tell you i have finished all the black on Freddie *and* now working on the book that he probably has pushed when he sat on the shelf comfortably. I have also done some more BOINK progress. This wknd i shud work on OHD, that is if I do not have office work. 50-50 so far, let us see.

You all have a great weekend, and spend wonderful time stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being one of the PIF recipients. :) Sorry to hear your vacation was cut short, but sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete