Sunday, December 27, 2009

Milestones!!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!

Completed Page 6 on Christmas Eve:) Here is a piccie. Lilies are now on official leave, and shop opens 1st January, LOL. I am very happy as i would get 7 nights to stitch on something else (Freddie). As there are guests at home, i have not done any of my weekend stitching. All stitching has happened after all the housemates were sleeping:)
I have also picked my next book, which i am sure will not be completed this year. Tara Road by Maeve Binchy.

Here is a pic of Alla Turca - pages 1, 2 and 6 completed. I was very very tempted to take this up for my night-time, and complete at least 2 of the top pages by end of the year. But it is Frederick the Literate i am working on, and you should see a pic very soon. I will now take up AT in February.


Thanks for all of you who take time to leave me a comment/email me!! It means a LOT to me:)

Here's wishing all a great, happy, peaceful 2010!!!

Out of 516 reviews in Amazon, Tara Road has 236 5-star reviews, and 40 1-star reviews. The review that catches my eye (and no i did not read all 516, i read the reviews on the first page, and skimmed through those on the second page (there are 52 review pages) ) is this one:

At first I was hesitant to read this story because I thought it sounded like another stereotypical romance novel, but it definitely breaks the mold. The characters are so endearing, especially the main character, Ria. She is a gentle, loving house wife that is appreciative of her husband, home and family, but when tragedy tears apart her life she finds strength and a sense of independence in the midst of her heartache. Every character is so real they all feel like someone you know personally: a friend, a sister, a neighbor, your children. The author beautifully intertwines their lives to create a rich tapestry of experiences. Maeve Binchy is another wonderful Irish storyteller.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    nice stitching and hope to see Frederick the cat soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching! Happy 2010 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year and Best wishes in 2010!

    ReplyDelete