to be here, with you all.
Remember this post. I said i will send something to three people. I have not forgotten... So far, I was having lot of 'ideas' on choosing the people.One thought process said one per country (for 3 countries), and the person should be a stitchy person i know through blogging. I have known some group people whom i have really really gotten close (no blogs), i thought i could pick one or two from there as well.
Since i am selecting the people myself, it would not be a PIF, but more like a RAK. Well, i realise as i am typing, not a RAK really, but some kind of a Thank You note. Why 'Thank You' you ask? Here goes:
My stitchy hobby got me onto blogging, and opened such a wide world of wonder and excitement. There was stash, and enabling, and exchanging, and PIFing and round-robining. The list goes on...
As i amble through this contented journey of mine, it is very striking that there are so many helpful people around. Apart from the stitching being therapeutic, i even find reading about the lives/happenings in my stitchy network equally therapeutic!! It made me learn, gave me insights, made me endure 'my stuff' better, by observing you. It is amazing really to see how some of you take life's cards with a smile, take the challenge head-on... Blogland has helped me [at times] enjoy my journey, has helped me (re)look at the finer things in life, to rejoice in nature and converse with nature. Thanks for that, ladies.
Blogging and the stitch boards also awakened in me the 'gift' of enjoying giving a gift. There are innumerable instances where i have seen this, and it thrills me to see how beautiful a world we are weaving amongst us stitchers. I can go on and on, but i will get to business.
I was letting the 'choice' grow in me, and today that click happened. I decided my gifts are going to three people who have helped people - made people happy through their gestures - brought or shown a silver lining - shown what a miracle is. I have decided on who the three will be, i know two have a blog. I have addresses of two people!! I leave you with just this information.
Meari had said 365 days; my 365 days starts from November 14th. Meari had said stitchy stuff - i will tweak that a bit as in it will not be merely stitchy stuff. The number of items will be 5 or more!
The activity i am occupied with right now is to look around for what sort of things ppl would like to receive, LOL. I really hope i find things they will like to use!!
Have fun stitching for your friends ;-)
ReplyDeleteI love the bird !!!
What a great post, Sharmila. When I joined the online stitching community over 6 years ago, it opened up a whole new world to me also. Then I started blogging... I so enjoy reading about daily lives of people and seeing their stitchy journey. Have fun with your PIF/RAK/TY packages :)
ReplyDelete