Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mid-month Milestone!

Has been a very good period lilies-stitching-wise:) There has been loads of same color stitching, that i was cruising through my way, very much at peace with the silent night!

Not much of Freddie done, probably a stitch or two. So no piccies of Freddie or his shelf. There was a lot of Mary popping here and there... Love the simple stitches in this piece. I am kind of liking the combination i chose finally!! There has been a additional 'star' done so my Mary is going to be taller than she was charted to be, LOL. 4 squares taller, ahem. So i am also thinking - i will not stitch the bottom border. I might add a 'star' row at the bottom if i feel like it once the whole sampler is done.

Book-wise i had a nightmare reading The Gathering by Anne Enright. I stopped reading mid-way. I am currently reading September the book i had originally planned as my first 2011 book. I am LOVING this book, and I am ENJOYING being with the characters. And, i am LIKING the fact that i am still NOT halfway through the book, so i know i can relish the book longer. Crazy, eh?

And finally, here is what i sent to Laurence in Belgium.... I am sharing this pic as i heard from her (and she has also blogged about it!) it has reached her last week! In addition to what i had mentioned in my giveaway, i had sent her a pair of ear-hangings, which were closest to the color i stitched the L in. And i am so very happy she loved them every one of the simple things i sent her. Hurrah indeed:)
Here is the letter L shot! I LOVED stitching this, and plan to stitch some more this year for my blogging  stitcher friends:)


Now the only other thing that i am waiting to hear is if this lady from UK has received what was shipped the same day as Laurence's. We will know soon!

I leave you with this photo of my son taken last Friday when we went shopping. There was this huge sale going on in the malls, and we bagged quite a LOT for our darling son. Today he has a Class Photograph being taken, that will be so precious to have.
Hope you have a great week ahead! full of stitching time and time well spent with family and those you love. Do leave me some comments, they make me so happy:)

6 comments:

  1. I really like the Mary Poppins design.
    Your son is as cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog. Lilies look like a lot of work, but the final effect will be worth it. And your son is vvery cute and sweet. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combinations of WIPs something complicated and something a little easier on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely WIPs Sharmila. Your lilies are coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great rpogress on both your WIPs. Mary Poppins is such a delightful project, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished design.
    Whata little cutie your son is. Nice picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching projects are coming along nicely. Love that letter L you did! Very pretty. Your son is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete