Monday, January 3, 2011

Also for every last, there is a first!

post...

So, i did ship the letter square to Laurence and shipped the pinkeep i did for the valentine exchange, both on the last day of 2010. Pics to come when they reach their recepients!

On the first day of 2011 (and the second), I did stitch (A LOT) on the Mary Poppins SAL of Sticklounge. I still have a considerable bit of Part 1 to complete. But you can still see the colours i have used, and what has been done so far! And, typical of me, i am already thinking i have chosen another set of colors, prolly royal blue and black.


Let us see where Freddie stands at the end of 2010:
The last red book is done. All the whites in Freddie's face have been put in, and the book below him has been given all the colors it required. I have even done some backstitching on Freddie, but not much can be seen, LOL. His front paw should have shown the clear demarcation, but nope - does not look like that in real. In fact Freddie looks so v. grumpy doesnt he? As though i am trying to wake him up from his sleep, *and* he does not like it one bit.

I finished reading Kirkby's Changeling during the weekend, and since the Pilcher books were in the office, i took up another book instead for reading: Booker-winner The Gathering. The author Enright says it is an intellectual version of a Hollywood weepie.

Thanks for your New Year wishes to me, and wish all my readers a great year ahead. Let us all be patient in dealing with each other, and let our stitching calm us down. I think that kind of transforms into - let us all get to do enough stitching to keep us calm and face each day with a smile!! I do hope you visit me as you have done in the past, and bring sunshine in my life with your comments!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely progress on your WIP! Frederick is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress on your WIP's.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Frederick. You made some considerable progress on it. And wow, what a nice new start.
    Wishing you a happy and healthy new year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mary Poppins SAL is beautiful and Frederick is looking fantastic:)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your WIPs are lovely... Freddie is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete