Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mid Month Milestone

Since i am on the fourth page in the row, my pic is looking lopsided as the stool i kept my lilies on was smaller than the fabric. Well, it was night time when i took this pic, so all energy to take it to a better place for a better pic was most likely sleeping...

It is very very warm in my neck of the woods, so stitching is really going very slow. And T is sleeping later than usual, lol. Still, not bad progress overall as i have crossed the 25% mark.

Here is how my Freundschaftsherz looks at the moment. I have now completed Part 3 of 7. Do do notice the script before the huge A. That script is Hindi:) It says 'Friendship is the union of two souls'. This is my first (and probably will be the only) project that has Hindi in it:) The original design is from a French designer, Atélier de Circé . One of our group moms has added some more verses to this beautiful project keeping in mind the people we have in our group, Sticklounge. Surely, this makes it a special project in more ways than one!

Here is my start on another project in Sticklounge. It is called Heart Note Alley and the designer is Kathy Bungard. I am using most of the recommended colors(all were available locally hurrah!!). This is going to be a beauty. It is a longish one (i love these longish ones btw) and the stitched design will be 147 by 312.
Coming to books, i have had quite a bad time. Second time this year, i took up a book which i had to skim through. Earlier on, i used to 'completely' read the book i took for reading, no matter what. Now, i have realised life is too short, lol. When there are so many irritating things that happen in your life that you cannot change, surely you should change those you can. Something like that, so i have decided books that make no sense at all are worth skimming through only.

The one i am currently reading by the way is a stunner. Great book - Set in Stone. I now look forward to reading all of Catherine Dunne's books. If you havent, make sure you do. You will love her!

Wishing you all a great week, with enough stitching time... Thanks for all your comments and your visits, I love the feeling that my blog is read. When you leave comments, it is like someone visiting my home. Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. what a great head photo!!
    Great progress on your WIP...
    How do you do it so many WIP's....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stitching. What a variety.

    Great progress.

    Happy stitching and reading to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good progress on your WIP's and the new project sounds really a big one, can't wait to see more.

    I agree with you about books...lately i borrowed 7 at the library and had only read two completely and the others just skim through it.

    Hope you are having a great week too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful progress as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful WIPs, Sharmila. :) Looking forward to seeing them grow.

    I hear ya about books... I used to go through 4-5 books a week and I wasn't skimming. Nowadays, I just can't find anything to keep my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your WIPs are just gorgeous and your Lillies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete