Purple Garden is a project designed by Angie of Angie Designer blog, tilted El Jardin Purpura. This is the original design.
For me somehow the inner piece was 'calling' constantly, and that is the piece i stitched. So here is my version. I am still undecided on the lavender/brown situation, so i have left them untouched.
Most of my readers have suggested lavender, and I agree with you - this brown is not going because all others are making brown kind of a black sheep, LOL. So, i will give it some time, some other 'family' color might flash to my mind, and then i will replace both OR probably go with lavender-to-replace-brown compromise. At the moment, no action taken. So that was the finish.
Heart Note Alley sailed along this month with the Lilies going into hibernation. I have now completed part 5. 15 more parts to go, and i think Part 8 is now the most current one. I am loving this longish fella.
Yes, fun can be had in many ways. So i present to you one more angle of HNA
I am going to mount (is that the right word for what i am saying?) this on the frame. I have split rail dowels, and i am trying to figure out how best to put the fabric on to the rods. So if you have any tutorial or any tips for me, pls HELP!!! And I did it!!
I worked on Adriana for a week this month, and will resume stitching her for another week starting tonight. Again i have taken the recommended colors, luckily MOST of the colors were available locally. 3 of the colors could be 'borrowed' from the Lilies treasury(!), and for 1 or 2 colors, i did a close-call. This is where i am at the moment. Whatever is she stitching???!! Wait till the herons come, you are going to love this one!
So, these are my current projects HNA, Adriana, and Lilies once i resume her next month. Frederick is still 'inside'. For those of you who are wondering what i am talking about i have a confined-to-closet project Frederick the Literate (Dimensions, Charles Wysocki) who has hardly seen any light of day this YEAR.






All your WIP' s are coming along beautifully.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend.
Oooh... HNA is lovely. Love the colours. They really pop!
ReplyDeleteI love Angie's designs too. They're beautiful. As you can see, I'm currently stitching her Romantique Sampler SAL. I think whichever you decide on, be it lavender or brown for El Jardin Purpura would still look great.
I'm really curious about Adriana. What will the finish piece look like?
Take care!
Hugs,
Veronica.
Great stitching update!!! Love them
ReplyDeletehappy stitching!!
Awesome finish on the center of the Angie design. :) Good luck with the color decision.
ReplyDeleteHNA and Adriana are looking gorgeous. I can't wait till you get to the cranes. :D
Congratulations on a great finish. Your WIPs are coming along great.
ReplyDelete