A major change actually, if you had understood my penchant for Lilies. I was on vacation till 5th September, so i did not start Lilies on time. 6th had to be a rest day. And the following night, well I just decided to park Lilies for a month, and instead stitch on my Sticklounge projects. I have chosen two biggies to stitch, and am kind of lagging behind in one of the SALs. So i decided Lilies could remain in vacation for at least one month.
I think it will be fair, if i mention here that there have been moments when i have thought that the Lilies project can be 'deemed' completed. There are several reasons for this
1. My son has been sleeping late
2. I am feeling sleepy (mentally tired) earlier
3. I am now finding doing 4288 stitches in two months daunting.
This last reason is really a weird one because i have done tougher (4992 stitches in a page) in about 50 stitching nights. But i think it is a combination of all three that is now troubling me and my Lilies. So all in all, i decided i will give it a break and i will give me a break too.
So giving Lilies their due respect, let me move on to the Sticklounge projects and post some pics:
I finished Freundschafterz last month, and here is how it finally turned up:
And here is Heart Note Alley. I love stitching this one, i love the various colours and keep admiring and imagining how the whole Alley will turn out and admiring again. Isnt that what we stitchers do anyway? Take a step or two back, relax and just imagine, LOL. Hmmmm. This is a longish one, the stitched area when completed will be 147 by 312. Lovely, isnt it? The designer of HNA is Kathy Bungard if anyone is interested!
We have recently started a heron project in Sticklounge called Adriana, this will be a 6-part SAL, each part is quite HUGE, if you ask me. This is 119 by 298. Crazy to take up another biggie? Well, I fell for the herons. I think we get one part each month, and then (i think) 2 months more as buffer.
Hope to stitch on Purple Garden in the weekend. I have a wee bit remaining to conclude this one:)




Sometimes you just need a break from a project. After the month is up, you'll be rejuvenated to pick up lilies again. Great stitching Sharmila!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching. Your friend piece is a lovely finish. Love the colours in Heart Note Alley.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure the break from Lilies will have you reaching for it again soon. I think we all need a break from a big project from time to time.
Everyone needs a break from certain projects. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your finish. It looks very pretty.
Your WIPs look good, too. I'm trying to get into StickLounge. I have to wait til next month and try again.
Hahaha, I hear ya on the stepping back and admiring. I do that a lot. :D
ReplyDeleteCongrats on finishing Freundschafterz. It looks great. What will you be doing with it?
Yeah, I've had projects where it just doesn't quite work and stitching is is like pulling teeth. And that's ok too... plenty of other things to stitch and let those stew for awhile. :)