Monday, December 7, 2009

Three down!

Here is the pic of OHD January SAL - the completed version. I know i have to do some more 'beautifying' work on this coverlet, but i still consider the project as completed as i have stitched up all the 12 charts of this SAL. Am i breaking a rule!!?? This is taken from my cellphone, in the morning. Today brought us a foggy morning...
So this becomes the third project i have completed this year. I know that is not at all promising, is it. But that really has been the turnover. I have been lucky with books for that matter - i read 17 books so far, the next being The Colour of Water, by James McBride. 17 is pittance to some who walk with their head held high after conquering the 100-book challenge!! but i currently am one more than last year;-)

A rule that got created - it kind of emerged on its own - is that i will have only two weekend projects, and will rotate them every month. Yes, this is how i aim to work on AT and BOINK. And it appears, i will finish AT before BOINK. We will know as we go.
Although i have still not decided on what next, on a broad level i know it will be a kit/chart i purchased online. I know i have mentioned a lot many times that i will pick up Monopoly, but the idea is to start and finish one smallish-thing before being monopolised!

Someone had said to someone else who was a pro-Paypal person - Wait till you face problems - I agree with that someone, LOL. I am experiencing it... As i have enough in my stash, I can and am ignoring Paypal's monopoly for now. Till then i will concentrate on [hoarding] the SALs (the free ones) that appear on the internet. Talking of SALs, here is one that interests me a lot. It is in French, and means Tree of Life. Two parts are already out, and there are 25 more parts to come, i am told. Looks very very promising. No i am not starting this yet. But it increases my to-do list of samplers. Needless to say, it is SALs like this that are the only great threat to my working on an online-purchased kit/chart. I succumbed in 2009, am trying a braveheart for 2010:8)

And then there is this SYHO for 2010. Importantly, this will need me to sort out the payment bit. I so want to do this one-a-month, 50 by 50 design, one each from 12 wonderful designers. Not to mention the encyclopedia thingy. Did i just say i will take up an online-purchased kit/chart from my stash? That is still the plan. I can SYHO on SYHO later right? At least i hope so:) I also will wait to know the 'theme' that will decide if i dive or not!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your SAL finish! Good luck with AT and BOINK. Hopefully your PP woes will be sorted out in the near future. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. Congrats on finishing the Oak Haven SAL.

    ReplyDelete