It has been very quiet here this week. I have not been able to complete Page 7 of Alla Turca yet- still about 30% left which i plan to complete tonight. I have been telling myself, in the event that i do not complete AT this month, there will be so little left to consider the project complete, that i can borrow one or two March (BOINK) days instead of waiting till April when AT gets her turn back.
I have been regularly (well almost) doing my back exercises, and i plan to resume my lilies stitching from March 1st - which is why it will be a wonderful thing if i really complete AT. I will give it my best!!I finished reading David Copperfield. This joins Pickwick Papers and Martin Chuzzlewit under the category of my favorite Dickens novels. The book moved me to tears so often, not only in the pages where Davy is tormented by the Murdstones, but also much later when David goes away from England and realises his love for Agnes. My favorite character was Peggotty with "cheeks and arms so hard and red that he wondered the birds didn't peck her in preference to apples."
The kind soul promised, and we both of us kissed the keyhole withthe greatest affection - I patted it with my hand, I recollect, asif it had been her honest face - and parted. From that night theregrew up in my breast a feeling for Peggotty which I cannot verywell define. She did not replace my mother; no one could do that;but she came into a vacancy in my heart, which closed upon her, andI felt towards her something I have never felt for any other humanbeing.
My next book is The Gift by Cecilia Ahern, which will be my tenth book of the year.
Hope you feel better with your back very soon !!!
ReplyDeleteHappy reading ;-)