Friday, February 5, 2010

For my garden of books

Had been to a local bookshop yesterday on my way home piggy-backing with my friend. Even deciding to go home early in the evening makes me very happy, as i can see ahead of me the extra time i will get with my son. So that was the first thing i thought of when my friend was able to leave early. And when my friend offered, that we can drop by the bookshop, i told her she is making me weak. Well, a bit of dilly-dallying from my end, and then to the shop we went.

Came back with these two books, The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton and The Railway Children by Edith Nesbit. Both where whim-books, as they were not in my wish list nor did i glance through the pages. I just knew i had to bthem. I also found Moby-Dick (an expensive publication and hence rejected) and, The Secret Garden and another novel by Frances Burney bundled into one book (did not like the frontispiece and hence rejected).

And yes, i still got that extra time with my son:) as we did the book hunt in a jiffy, lol.

On the stitchy front, it is the Alla Turca page 3 right now, and be sure to see a progress pic on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I read the forgotten garden at the end of last year and loved it. It was long, but best book I've read in ages. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The Railway Children is also one of my all time favourites. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete