Lilies Page 9 was completed on Friday night... Here is a pic. This calls for a small happy dance. And the encouraging news is I have much lesser to do for Page 10, it is a smaller page compared to its neigbours. I start this page on September 1st... And for purists - I have found out that i need to put in 1800 stitches (ok ok 1812) to reach 50% in the Claude Monet Water Lilies project.
Till then that is i work on BOINK - so i got weekend as well as the nights(4 of them) to work on BOINK. I have now finished three of the green rows, one more to go after which there is only the filling in of colors in the maze and the cats. I also have to think what to fill in, in the 4 free spaces in one of the blocks (Tracy meant us to put in the 'year'). Do i go with 2010 or do i go with initials R, S and T in the three of them, and fill 2010 in the fourth one. So some decision time there... Probably lazy me will leave it free too, it does not seem to calling to be filled you know;-)
Talking of T, today was my son's first day in preschool... The sweet child was all eager to go to school- what with carrying his school bag and his bottle, and joining us in the car, he was even fine when we got inside the school. The scene changed now to kids and elders - not a LOT to be frank, but the change was perceptible! He was not comfortable with this, even though a LOT of play stuff was outside and kids merrily playing there. He was clinging at a point, but then when the teacher gently took him away from me, he started bawling... (sniffle sniffle sigh) We were told he was okay in about 10 minutes of our leaving. My husband then picked him up about 2 hours later. This pic that you see goes onto his ID card. We now plan for my husband to drop him off in the mornings (he clings to his father less is what we surmise at the moment) and i pick him up in the afternoons and take him home after which i get back to office. If you are wondering - who takes care of him till we get back, he is in gentle care of my in-laws.
And here is another pic of Tanishk with my brother, when he visited us this February. Don't miss the CHAPS written on my brother's T shirt!
Wishing you a great week, and enough stitching time to keep you sane through the week:) Thanks all for your comments, I appreciate cherish them.


Your Lilies is looking great...what a huge project to tackle. I'm sure preschool will be a wonderful experience for your son. It's always hard the first couple of days...
ReplyDeleteOh wow!! You have made incredible progress!! This is so beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteYour son is just adorable and I hope each day finds him liking school more and more:)
(((HUGS)))
I just love seeing your progress on your lilies. They are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteYour son is so cute! I hope he settles down and enjoys school.
Your Monet looks great. What a cute little boy you have. Glad to hear he is doing better with being left at school.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures of your son and your brother. I hope your son is settling well at school.
ReplyDeleteYour Lilies and BOINK are coming along.
ReplyDeleteYou have really dedicated your time to getting them done and they look great so far.
Your so is so cute.