Monday, August 2, 2010

Month-end Milestone

My Lilies after one month of working on Page 9... Am loving stitchig on this, especially since i have reached the other end, and each time i am holding this side, i know Page 10 is just round the corner *and* much lesser to stitch than the other pages *and* of course, another row done!! Lesser confetti here, and hope that is how it will be for whatever is remaining of the page.

Here is Page 3 of Debbie Draper SAL done. I am so happy with my choice of colors, thanks ladies for your comments on my choice. I kind of know what is coming in the final part... And of course i still have the border to do!

I finished this on Saturday, and if all things went the stitchy way would have stitched on BOINK. But it was not to be. Between myhusband's neice visiting us, attending an 8-year-olds birthday, and my husband's cousin and his wife visiting us in the evening. We had a busy, fun-filled day. We did enjoy - a lot and that was fun - such fun that my son did not want me to leave to office this morning... Hmmm, welll

Last night, i know first of the month, and i did not take up Lilies. It was v. late, and i took up the BOINK - finished the fourth maze and started outlining the top left cat. No pics tho.

If you remember, i had stitched a bookmark as part of the bookmark exchange thing. This was the first bookmark i had stitched, this was the first exchange i had participated in. Sadly the packet has not reached the recepient yet, not after over a month of taking it to the post office. So, i have decided, this Thursday which is the dayBonnie checks her mail very week, if she has still not received i will prepare for another bookmark. Stitching will start on the weekend. I am really upset about this as this was my first exchange, it kind of feels like a bad omen... I am upset for Bonnie too as she has not yet received what she was supposed to receive.

Wishing you all a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Great progress on both pieces. Love the rich colors on the Debbie Draper piece.

    It's so annoying when exchange items get lost. But sometimes the mail is just really slow, so don't give up hope just yet. I've had some take 6 weeks to reach their destination. But if it doesn't make it, just think of it as an opportunity to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your first exchange. But it might still show up. I had this happen before, for example when I bought a chart on US ebay and it took 6 weeks to arrive here. BUt it's annoying anyway. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your package will still arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on both wips! I still don't know how you keep track of all those threads on Lillies!

    Sorry to hear about your first exchange. It may still be en route...don't give up yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Stitching. All of it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful progress on both your WIP's.

    It happens a few times that my package to the U.S took about six weeks, so hopefully it will turn up soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful progress on both pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Waterlillies look fantastic! That SAL is pretty, relly like the colours you chose!

    ReplyDelete