Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Books...

My other hobby... My best friend. Well books form my intellectual friends, and stitching my consoling friends. Both anchor me of course!! So the other day when i had to take half day off to get some bank work done, i decided spending a wee bit of time in my favorite second hand book store will not harm...

Typically when i plan a visit to a bookshop, i go armed with a list. This visit however was a spur of the moment decision, i decided a cursory glance over the book racks should be the best way to pick my books. I ended up with 5 books,4 you see in this pic, and the fifth is my 'current read' which is why it got missed out from the pic...

Lovely choice? I know Little White Lies is in the Chick Lit category, and i need such every now and then to unwind, LOL...But then i am so happy to have found 'class' books - as the reviews from amazon etc prove. Except for Julie and Julia which has been in my list, the rest became mine by a look at the front / back cover only. How cool is that!

3 comments:

  1. The Stone Diaries is SUCH a good book. i never wanted it to end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love books a lot and in the summer I prefer reading to stitching. So, my visits to the book stores are aalways a delight - and I never come back home without a new book. At least one, lol. Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been reading a lot too, just wish they have more english books to choose from here. Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete