Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mid-month Milestone

First my Lilies... I am quite comfortably paced this month. I have 800-odd stitches to put in and 15 days to complete them. There were about 8 nights when i did not stitch - otherwise i could have been in much better shape, lol...

It is going to be a comoftable period going forward, as the big pages will be *over* with this page... Pages 16 .. 19 have 43xx pages and Pages 15 and 20 have lesser.

As you can see from this pic, the fabric needs ironing - but will have to wait for about a year (at least) for that to happen. As usual, lots of dangling threads - it is unavoidable with me...

Here are my other projects in their various stages, and i am loving every one of them. All these projects are from yahoo group Sticklounge.

Purple Garden - I am yet to start on the next part that has been sent me early this month. I have now started adding the purples and hope the forthcoming part will accentuate the purples better. Let us see

Friendship Heart - This is a 7-part SAL, and i have now concluded part 4. Ppl in my group are in part 6 i think;-) The turquoise in there is something i am running out of, I have sent an SOS to my Mother to send me one skein. My Mother is a dear, and likes her participation this way:)

Heart Note Alley - When i look at these SAL projects, I wonder which one i love the most. The project i have picked up for stitching soothes me so much and i feel 'this is the best' for each of the projects. HNA is just wonderful to stitch.

Come to think of it, PG and HNA are in a tie for the first spot. It is tough for me to decide, honestly!

The past few months have been upsetting on the work front, which is why i have been coming lesser and lesser to blogland. Hope the scene changes soon and my spirit feels better. I have finally sent a heart square i had been postponing for so long. The work was done early this year, all i needed was to add my name in backstitch. Now finally it is done and sent over to Europe. If i am right, it is still in transit. Hope the angels take care of it, and it reaches the real-life angel safely.

And this week, i turned lucky again. I have won a DMC drawing in the 123 MB. I cant tell you how happy that made me!! Thanks Rose for picking my name... I needed floss for a project i had been postponing stitching, and i have sent my list of required colors. (I first sent unknowingly the Anchor list i had, and then had to correct it after Rose figured it out, thank you Rose)

Moving on to books, recently i read Scarlet Feather, and i loved loved the characters. I love reading Maeve Binchy and this book is, IMO, one of her best. Authors like Binchy and Rosamunde Pilcher - these authors should keep writing.

And finally, about my son. He is now in Nursery as we call it here. 9th June was his first day in school, and this is my favorite pic of that day... He is loving his school, and i am loving loving him. Thank you God for giving me my son. He is a gift from You.

So, that is it from me ladies. Thanks for visiting me. I feel special really. I do visit all your blogs, but my commenting has reduced. I hope to make it up soon.

5 comments:

  1. Wow You have stitch a lot on that bog project!!!
    So good off you... I can''t stitch that large projects I will get tired of it.
    Your other wips looks great too..
    What a cute pic of your boy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your WIPs are looking lovely Sharmila.

    Your son is so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are moving great with all your WIP's which makes me jealous as i haven't touch my stitching or any of my project for nearly a week now. Hopefully tonight...
    Cute picture of your little one!

    If you love Maeve Binchy, i am sure you will like Erica James and Cathy Kelly too. I think i've read almost all their books and love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great WIPs all, Sharmila.

    I'm sorry to hear work has been stressful for you. I can empathize. I hope it gets better soon.

    Your son is adorable... he makes me smile every time you post a piccie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty progress on your projects. Lucky you for having won a nice thread haul.
    I hope that the stress at work will be reduced very soon.

    ReplyDelete