Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mid-Month Milestone, and Help Needed

Middle of August, and i have been on a bumpy road this month stitching the Lilies. My son's sleeping time has changed, and my stitching has gone awry...

So his sleeping time has moved from 10PM to close to 11PM, sometimes even beyond. Looks to me this will continue as he has to use up all that energy and what better way than to have Mamma read umpteen bedtime stories, and then some coloring, and water drinking and general playing around all amounting to sleep-delaying tactics. I love his penchant for bedtime stories, and i hope it leads to good amount of reading on his own later. I enjoy this night time with him, although i admit i inwardly groan after 10.30PM.

Coming back to Lilies, i need to switch gears on the Lilies night-time gala stitching that i have enjoyed these couple of years. Probably i should put a timer (impossible if you ask me) to stitch till midnight only. I do not have a stepmother though, LOL, so am not sure if i can be as obedient as Cinderella. The silver lining is that i have some 700 stitches lesser in each of the pages to come. So that should allow some slack, eh?!!

Coming back to the subject of this post, net net this page of only 3432 stitches is still not completed, you will see the little bit of area still unstitched. Having said that, I am going to now reach a very good milestone in this project. Started on 1st January 2009 (20 odd days before Obama's inaugural speech),i will in another couple of days complete 15 pages of this 20 page project. 

Here is the not so clear picture... I hope (and hope to remember this as well) to take the next picture in proper daylight.

Here is Purple Garden, and am not sure if the variegated pink is helping. So i have tried red too.
The dull purple that i did here proved to be a big no-no to me, but the pink is no good either:(, and red kind of wins in the 'elimination' way.

But i am not a happy camper yet, any one has any recommendations pls? Pls pls suggest what color i could stich the inner motif with?

I am now reading a Maeve Binchy book - Copper Beech, and as usual it is a journey i am enjoying, i am not liking it as i did Tara Road or Scarlet Feather, but still a good book.

Here's wishing you all a great week, with enough stitching time to keep you happy and refreshed.

4 comments:

  1. Setting the alarm to stop stitching..... that ain't gonna work. ;) LOL!!!! Will DS's sleeping time be earlier when he starts school?

    As for the inner motif, what about a yellow ochre or green? Something to play off the purple and maroon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow so familiar the sleeping times... Noah isn't sleeping during the day for a year now, so crafting during teh day is ........ not that much... lol.... Times will change again:):)

    You have been stitching those large pieces still, I need to admire you:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable picture of your son. Lookin' good and you are doing a beautiful jub with your stitching! Personally, I like greens and yellows with purple. Enjoy reading your blog. Abbie-Iowa, USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11pm? My siblings (There were 4 of us) and I had an 8pm bedtime. Probably even earlier when we were your DS's age. Even when my nieces and nephews were young, I put them in bed at 8pm (under age 7) and 9pm when they were 8-11 years. I went to bed at 10pm and they were to be in their room at that time and quiet - but I could always hear their giggles, LOL.

    ReplyDelete