Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Shining Days

This is not about stitching. But i had to blog these
1. My day was made
I have been eyeing Retro Kitchen Aprons for close to 6 months now. I just love the design, and have already identified a place in my kitchen to hang this. In fact, when i look at the spot, i can see RKA framed and hanged there!!

Waiting for a good deal all along (i am an ebayer), i spotted one which was the best deal and it was one of those last minute deals. I grabbed the opportunity and within minutes, the kit was mine, though not yet in my hands.
The typical time taken for a shipment to reach me is 10 days. In this case, when i did not receive the same for over two weeks, i contacted the seller to know the exact date it was shipped. Wonder of wonders, (coz i did not expect this) the lady (and she is a true lady) suggests i wait for two more weeks, and if still not received, tells me she will refund me. Can you believe such a person exists??!! This does make me extremely happy, but i do not feel right to take the money from her as the buyer has to 'own' the risk of not receiving the packages.
Two weeks pass, and yet no kit. I do not inform the seller, blaming my luck. This was a first experience for me, as i have received every single kit/chart ordered so far. I have transacted only with US, UK and Canada sellers, and all have kept me extremely happy.
So two weeks have passed, and I am unhappy and have given up on the kit. I do not inform the seller. The seller, darling that she is emails me if i have received the kit. I reply to her, and also inform her that she should not refund the money. You must have guessed by now. She refunds the money (PayPal). I did not expect this....
Since i had not received the package, i had decided (and informer her too) that i will not be leaving any feedback. But now, i am sure i will leave an extremely positive feedback. Stellar, isnt she!! She made my day, honestly. A darling!

2. My turn now
I work in an IT firm having several offices in Bangalore, and our project currently needs testers. 5 testers have recently joined the project. Employees use company-provided transportation facilities; each bus can take up to 50 employees, has a specific route and specific timings that the employees need to adhere to. It so happened that one of the girls stayed VERY far from the office location, the bus she goes in did not have an alighting point suitable to her. There is a policy that a minimum distance of 1 km *and* a minimum number of 5 employees are required to decide on a pick-up/drop point. This girl came back with her plea rejected by the travel co-ordinator, since she was the only employee at her suggested boarding point. I dropped an email to the travel co-ordinator with reasons for giving her a suitable boarding point. Luckily for us, my reasoning made sense to the t.c. it appears. And the girl is all cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I'm new to your blog and hope to read many posts from you in the future ;-) Hope you get your kit someday !!!

    ReplyDelete