Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Some of my WIPs

I finally finished January of Oakhaven designs. This has been one of my 2 weekend-only (minus the nights) project. I would get an hour or two depending on how long my son slept!! I joined this SAL end of January, however more than a month i spent speculating what to do it on. Phew!

Finally I have stitched this on my son's baby-blue coverlet. This is my very first attempt on linen!! and my first attempt on 32count!!, which i have stitched over 3. I am planning to space them apart by about 30 (over3) holes, which means i will have to decide what to in the blank area.
I know this does not a good pic, the coverlet color does not look like blue. Also the text is done in the purple color, which is not standing out clearly in the pic:(

And then the BOINK. Boink is very special to me. The MSAL started about a week after my son was born, and i must have read about it prolly in May 2008. I have been collecting the instalments every month. Finally 2009 February is when i decided i will start. I like the symmetricity theme of this, and soothes me like nothing else does. Here is how the first block looks like, minus the blue(you will know why)

I wanted to post a pic after the blue was completed and the border of the block, but that could be another couple of weeks. I did not want to wait till then:) As you can see from the pic, the lighter blue i chose is far lighter than what is required. So now i am not sure if the darker blue (the topmost one) i had decided on will do or not. The last two - i am trying to see if they will serve for the light blue, but looks like they will not; at least not with the initially chosen dark blue. They are way too close, eh! So that is why the blue has got to wait. Nevertheless, the block looks complete enough. The border stills needs another sitting to complete.

I have not started the carpet page, i have left that for the last... That is me!


Lastly, I have yet to learn beautifully laying out the pics, lots to learn from other blogs that i am following, hope to do that by and by. If you have any advice to give me, I am happy to take them!

No comments:

Post a Comment