Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Answers to Melissa's post

While i was blogspot-surfing, i found this interesting post here and had to answer them!! This is the first time i am even seeing such research done, LOL and am keen to know the next steps.

1)Why do you stitch?
I find it therapeutic. Stitching nurses my fatigue, and keeps my mind fresh and happy! Brings peace to my little world.

2) On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being least important and 10 being most important what is your cross stitch passion level?
The scale tips towards the 10

3)If you're only option for cross stitch supplies and patterns happened to be the major chain craft stores would you just walk away from the little X? Kiss it goodbye?
I have hugged XS in spite of the the fact that there is not one good craft shop where i live. I have ebay, so yes if i replace your part of the question 'major chain craft stores' with ebay, i would go crazy. Or probably i would go to the craft stores every once in a while, and get somthing there to cheer me, and keep stitching.
4)Also are you so passionate about cross stitch that if indeed your only option was the major chain craft stores, would that inspire you to create your own cross stitch pieces because you have to stitch and you've stitched your way through the whole of Dimensions catalog--because you must stitch and the thought of life without a relationship with the little X leaves you feeling empty?
I guess, i already answered part of 4 in 3!! If the world gave me nothing, absolutely nothing, I would definitely work on a nice little pic into its cross stitch replica!! I do have some stored up floss, LOL.
5)Finally what do the cross stitch magazines on the market offer you? Do they relate to you as a cross stitcher? Do you look at them and think to yourself, who do they think buys this magazine? I guess what I'm asking, when you see the current cross stitch magazines do they make you feel like they know their readers or do you find it's more of the same? What could they do to be ambassadors for the art of cross stitch other than putting a sampler on the cover with "F-U" on it? What are we missing on a PR level that could change the opinion of cross stitch itself?
From what little i have gathered in my stash, there are still a couple of British cross stitch magazines, that have an entertaining/engaging set of designs in them without anything subversive on them, LOL
6) And finally, finally, do you do other crafts and if so what are they and why do they pull you away from cross stitch?
I am getting attracted towards applique work, but i am still a cross-stitcher in here:)
Thanks Melissa for the thought-provoking questions, and hope my answers help you!

1 comment:

  1. Thought provoking questions, eh? I enjoy reading everyone's answers.

    ReplyDelete