Those of you who have been with me from the start of my blogourney (i just made that word, ha) know about my preparation for Monopoly. Then came a day when i was all ready except for 4 colors of floss. Mid-August i got 2 Anchor codes here in India (thanks to my Mother). I was posting my mid-month Monopoly roll call where i mentioned about having to order via ebay the other two colors.
Mary-Anne, one of the group members offered to send them to me as she has spare floss. Isnt that very sweet ladies!! I cannot tell how happy i am!! Thanks Mary-Anne!
On a different wish-list item, aka the Majestic Heron in the Cross Stitch Gold June 2008 issue - early August i lost to a fellow-ebay buyer this lovely magazine being auctioned. And this was not the first time, nor the second time, urgh. So, i thought it's time i did search outside of ebay. I posted in couple of forums to check if someone is willing to sell the same. I also found this website - Getstitchin.com which had listed this magazine for sale. I did find the shipping costs on the higher side, but we stitchy folks have a time-limit for keeping any chart/kit on the wish list, dont you agree with me? Know you do, LOL.
Yes now this will be mine, and i even got a discount on the shipping. Thanks Lyn for the discount. You have made me a happy gal - this has been on my wish list for a year now, and am waiting to hold the magazine in my hands, and deep-breathe with the book close to me. (I do this for almost all my books, a habit - picked up when a child - i have not been able to let go)I should also mention Becca whom i first came to know in LiveJournal. We participated in an MSAL in 2008 which, ladies, was my very first mystery stitch-a-long!!! Becca is giving me the sweetest gift of 2 of charts from her stash!
All these goodies are on their way and they have brightened my little world here:) Thanks Mary-Anne, Lyn, Becca for adding beauty and happiness to my world. Thank you God for giving me these friends who have made me feel special.
Chiloe - your words are encouragement to me. This is the biggest project (and probably will be the biggest i will ever do!) and it is so nice to have you with me in my journey.
Debra - it just happened that i took up all big and bigger projects this year. I should take up some smalls too to have a balanced palette!!
The good God made you all:)
Congrats on all your new stitchy stuff. I'm sure you will enjoy the magazine!
ReplyDelete