Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mid-Month Milestone

A-ha, i have now started the third row. A mark of a significant milestone, so to speak. And this time, i have chnaged my way of stitching also. I am 'concentrating' on a 10 by 10 grid, and keeping in mind the amount of confetti stitches, i do tend to stitch those 'near' the 10 by 10 grid too. The dangling threads remain though:)

Half of November has passed and i have got to admit i have done no other stitching apart from Lilies. The first weekend was a Diwali weekend - i had a great, fun-filled, tiring weekend - we had Diwali puja on Friday followed by bursting fireworks (although Toto did not think it a good idea, and he decided we two will be indoors) and Saturday we had guests for lunch (which continued on to tea) and Sunday too another version of being hosts... So while there was no stitching, i really enjoyed myself... So much that Monday i was still tired, but happy tired if you know what i am saying.

This weekend was more of 'office' than home (which is how the coming weekend will be too), so i took off on Monday... and got some much needed rest...

On other news, the little something i stitched for a special person - has reached what i will call the temporary destination. I have still not heard on the jute-bag-and-the-rest yet. Past experience tells me i have to be patient and wait!!!

Thanks to my visitors, and special thanks for those comments. I love them. Wishing you all a great week ahead...

6 comments:

  1. Your new technique sounds like a good plan. Shorter rows make an area take shape faster. I really envy your perseverance with these biggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress, I admire you for taking on the challenge of such a large design, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lillies, that's the approach I'm taking with the Accolade when I actually work on it (its been awhile now!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I have never tried having so many threads going on at once, I wonder if that would help me stitch faster? I never thought to have the thread dangling in the front then I wont get it tangled in the front.Hmmmm, I must try this idea.Looking good by the way

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making good progress on Lillies. I hope you are having a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are making fantastic progress. I really need to get back to my biggie but it's going to have to wait until the New Year.

    ReplyDelete