I have completed the February piece in Oak Haven Designs January SAL. This piece was fun to do, i chose pink and purple (instead of the recommended red). I am thinking i will go with a purple connection amongst all the months.
As for BOINK, as you can see block one is completed except for the light blue, block two was taken in the afternoon 'free' time i got, so could not wait to complete block two. It was completed (sans the light blue) later in the day of course. I now plan to do the small red block adjacent to block two and then work on the block below block 2.
The text February is more legible compared to January which is in lighter purple. I wonder if i should make all texts in two strands? I am also seeing that the pics for this are not coming at all good. Not sure where i am going wrong. I am taking pics from the same distance - and BOINK coming up next has come very clear. Any photography tips, pls anyone?
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. To answer your question about the Castles in the Air SAL, you can always change threads from what the design calls for. Rather than a metallic, just choose a color you like and you can always stitch french knots where beads are called for (or just stitch a regular cross stitch in the place). Hope this info helps you & you'll now feel comfortable to begin the SAL.
ReplyDeleteBarb in TX (Around Barb's Bend blog)