Monday, April 13, 2009

Project Plan, *giggle*

Yes, an attempt at a plan to redefine my WIPs. Let me first list the projects in the order in which i started them.

Prepping the last 3:
Monopoly - While it has been at least half a year since i have got the Monopoly chart, i have not yet started it. I had some 18count fabric which barely crossed the required design area:( Good news!! is that i have now received the right-sized 18ct Aida. I have done the DMC to Anchor conversion, and it looks like i will need at least some floss from abroad. Once the locally available floss is with me, I can get started with this. Woohoo!!

Alla Turca - It has been probably two weeks since i joined the Stitchers Heaven SAL. I am thinking i will go with either Anchor 873 or Anchor 150, and 14count.
SMO SAL - I will first have to see which colors from my floss collection will work, and then get myself floss-ready locally as i do not think i have all the colors with me. I will try my best to
manage with the available floss.

And now comes the grand update, with more than a bit of background!


1. I have finished more than 50% of Freddie, but have not touched the project since Jan 1st 2009. I miss him, to be honest. This is how i left him, end of 2008
2. All nights and all weekends of 2009 i was doing the Water lilies till i realised i will end up a frustrated person, as there will no project finished and hence no feeling of accomplishment to in turn incentivise me to finish some more!!
3. So, i gradually took my weekends (daytime only) off WL, and that is how in February i started the soothing, mesmerising Boink and then took up OHD January SAL too
4. I have now realised that one page of WL takes me about a month and a half (nights only) to finish. From this, i figured i could take up Freddie once a WL page is completed and till the end of the 'month' which is then cue for the next WL page to be taken up. Oh no, i am not disliking WL, the blues there take me into a dream land. I love whatever has come in the lily pond so far. The point is, I figured, i need a break every now and then if only to improve my productivity, lol. This is progress pic, as of 31st March. I take pics mid-month and on end of the month. 5. Now the Monopoly group have their Monopoly Monday theme. Sounds fun to me:) Now that i have received my fabric, and should get most of my floss by the end of this week, I can soon get going here!
6. Looks like i have covered my nights. For the Boink, OHD SAL, SMO SAL, and Alla Turca the best way to slot them will be to round robin them every weekend day time. Till SS and AT are both prepped up, i get to toggle between Boink and OS.
Sounds like a plan just emerged, eh! The risk piece here is will i get enough time every other month for Freddie? If no then i should probably alternate a Monopoly Monday with a Friday
Freddie. Let me see, how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment