Thursday, January 21, 2010

Reading in Bed

Since i am doing more of reading than of stitching, i thought i will talk about books in this post:)
With lying on my bed for about 10 days, January was a great month for reading books. I loved reading Tara Road, The Center of Everything and The Shell Seekers - as i mentioned in my earlier post.
TCoE is a debut novel by author Laura Moriarty and i think is my favorite so far for this year. I typically have a list of books to buy when i go to these bookshops, and then i buy books with a li'l bit of browsing/reading, and then i also buy books on a whim - one phrase/line attracts me. TCoE was a whim book, and i am so happy i bought it:) Shell Seekers was a list book, and so was Tara Road. All in all, very very good reading material were my January angels!

You know how books are - they are friends, and it is the charm of the author that a stage gets created right in front of you, and it is like the characters are there right in front of you:) You laugh, you smile, you weep, at times you even get disgusted for them. So while my lilies and i are feeling really sad for each other, i am happy this hobby of mine is with me. I am working on a different kind of landscape, eh.

Am currently reading A Patchwork Planet, and i know i will love it. Anne Tyler, you rock once again. I have 4 books of Tyler so far, and plan to add two more to my kitty. The other authors i wanted to get books of are Sue Gee and Laurie Graham. But so far have been unlucky at my local bookshops. The title of this post, Reading in Bed is a book written by Sue Gee. Do check this book up, i am sure you will like it.

On the stitchy front, I have been working on BOINK for about an hour each night. Will post a pic soon, probably on Monday.

My back is much better now. I did half day on Monday, and am back to regular routine, well almost!

Thanks for hopping by and commenting. Your comments mean so much to me, you take my loneliness away:) Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how horrible for you. I hope your back is healing. I have pulled muscles in my lower back but I can't even imagine how pain you were and are in. Listen to the doctor and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you are soon feeling well enough to spend more time out of bed. Nothing like a good book though. Looking forward to seeing your BOINK progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Ihope you feel much better now.

    ReplyDelete