Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Outlook

The new year is going to have a couple of changes for me. From what i can see, i will have lot of time to read, and there is opportunity to listen to music as well. Stitch-wise, i will continue with my current WIPs (to begin with), and add one short SAL.

The changes have come because of my husband working from a different office - while the method of conveyance will fall into shape in another month or so - the point is i will get the commute time to myself (to put it positively), the afternoon visit home and back will give me a good platform for my reading. The first read of the year is Tara Road. For the classics i have picked Dickens (David Copperfield) and Louisa Alcott (Little Men). I also have One Day by Indian Author Ardashir Vakil. I will figure the rest out as we go. This art pic i found while googling suits me well to depict my reading, although we could do without the framing:)
Moving on, I have an ipod that we bought wayback in 2006 that i have barely used. So the plan is to listen to music on my way back home in the evening. The past couple of days when the workload was far from hectic - what i mean is workload was leaner than lean, LOL; i have uploaded some Indian Classical music onto my iPod. There is still some pending. Once done, i will then get a mix of Western/Indian melodies/ragas awaiting to bring music to my ears, literally.
Stitch-wise, i will continue with my WIPs. I have also recently joined the German Marquoir group in Yahoo, i would be joining a short SAL in their group. That might push my current weekend projects by a month or two. I am telling myself that is fine. Now that i have dealt with that!!, here is some more: As you can see here, i have finished a GOOD chunk of Alla Turca, which is why that seems to be the most promising of my current WIPs to reach the finishing line first:) I have this quickie kit that i won from Janet ( from SMO BB). Once i finish AT, the plan is to pick this quickie stitchy-themed project:) I also have couple of gift items to work on that are taking shape in my mind, but will not talk about them right now.
The past week has also given me more time with my son. He is a darling, and is in parrot mode these days, repeating whatever we say. I call him Toto, and it is cute listening to him parroting Toto:) Hugs to him, and hugs to you all...

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and best wishes in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting that time to read is precious. Nothing like me time. You sound busy with your stitching. Happy 2010.

    ReplyDelete