Here is how lilies look. I am almost one third done with this page. This time i went with the flow and did confetti stitches as well. Since there are lesser confetti stitches in this page, i decided to not keep them for the very last. What you see is the output of 14 stitchy nights!
I did not stitch on the night of 15th May, no not due to fatigue but because i wanted to work on a new SAL called 'Waiting for Summer'. I absolutely love this SAL - it has taken my breath away!!. It is a French SAL organised by Sophie.
The colors that came to me, were Navy Blue and Dark Gray. I first took a darker shade of grey - Anchor 401 Ash Grey, and then opted for something lighter - Anchor 400 Pewter Gray. Sophie had asked us to take contrasting colors. Now by the very definition probably these colors i have chosen are not VERY contrasting. They seem to be a pair though, as though they belong, and create a subtle togetherness. So i plunged in and here is my first part of this beauty!!
Also some BOINK - this has been treated very roughly by me, as in being totally ignored. I could stitch some wihch is better than none. Here is how - I have been too tired of late, so even i slept during my son's nap time on Sunday. When i woke up (i could easily have gone back to sleep), i realised i had pulled some of my stitching time to sleep, so i shook myself, and took up BOINK, anf finished the green in the middle block (about half of which was already done), and barely started the blue.
Finally Quaker - sorry bad color combination??? i am going to change the tulip color, as it just does not go with the red. I am surprised with myself for having chosen that color. But then isnt that what trial and error is all about!! I have two more parts, and i complete yet another project this year. I am hapy i have joined the Marquoir yahoo group, they have a LOT of projects ongoing, and these projects all WONDERFUL!! I can dare only to take up their smaller projects - they do make my stitching journey enjoyable.
Books, hmmm, i think it took me a month's time almost to read Les Miserables. It is not easygoing reading about war and revolution and poverty and strife... I have now shifted gears, and am reading Anne Tyler's Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant. Well, family fiction, any time.
Wishing you all a great week ahead. Hope you like these pics i have put in my blog today. Thanks to all of you visit me and leave me a comment. I enjoy reading them!




Fantastic sewing - I just LOVE what you are doing.
ReplyDeleteWow, you have been busy stitching! I love all your projects. Can't wait to see more of Sophie's SAL. I like the colors you chose.
ReplyDeleteI like the blue and grey combo. Very nice!
ReplyDeleteYou're a busy stitcher with a smoking needle, lol. Very nice progress on your WIPs.
ReplyDeleteLook at all those fantastic projects! Lillies is just amazing and your SAL is great! Wow BOink is looking great too!
ReplyDeleteGlad you managed to get the instructions for Solo Brode.
ReplyDeleteIt really looks good. Yourother pieces are lovely.
Happy stitching to you.