Sunday, March 7, 2010

My son, and my stitching

Did i tell you the weekend goes too fast. Just when i tell my son on Friday that the next two days will be spent together, and we will have fun and enjoy - it is Sunday night. Monday morning and afternoon are the sensitive periods as he knows his Mamma goes to office, but by evening the pattern is set for the work week.


My son completes two years on 14th, his Mamma completes another year and is still in her thirties, LOL. Yes Toto and I - we share the same day for our birthday - isnt that great:) Last year we had a great bash, this time round it will be low-key. Probably the only year it will be low-key because from next year, he will ensure his birthday has to be celebrated the way it is to be celebrated.


On to stitching, last night i resumed my Lilies stitching. It was exactly two months being 'away from Lilies'. I put in 60 stitches. Not good when compared to the 100-odd stitches i did earlier. I have decided i *will* be cognizant of the time *and* will put the needle down by 11.30pm, except for Friday and Saturday nights.


This is the little something i have been doing for my husband, and is a freebie from hearty-craft.blogspot.com. called heart humbug. I still have some more crosses to be done, and quite a bit of backstiching. You can notice the beauty of backstiching, looking at the two roses, LOL!! While backstiching never seemed to end, it was fun bringing the leaves and the buds to life. I also have WORK with the french knots.

3 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy birthday to you and your son!

    Your recent WIP is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to both of you!

    Glad I could be of help in enabling you! ;-) The humbug stitching is looking very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you and DS!! That's awesome you both share the same birthday :) I love it!

    Lilies looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete