Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Dance!!!

Here is Alla Turca in all her glory!! I started stitching this complimentary SAL of Pelin Tezer in the end of April 2009, and now about 10 months later is completed:)


Alla Turca, Designer: Pelin Tezer
Stitched on 14 count Aida
Color: Anchor 0150
Started: April end 2009
Finished: February end 2010
(I am trying to correct this display, but i am failing each time. Any tips??!!)

My progress had been really slow in 2009, as i was rotating my weekend projects every weekend. Towards the end of 2009, i changed my rotation plan. My weekend projects were rotated every month. This change helped me maintain a relaxing rhythm with the project i was working on, although I had only completed the middle row when 2009 ended.

I took 8 long months to stitch this row, hmmm. To make myself feel better, I will add I was working on Boink and OHD January SAL too when working on this.
The top and the bottom row were started and finished in February.

Here you can also see some of the 'back'...


My stiching plans changed dramatically with my back ache, and with Lilies given a vacation - i concentrated largely on BOINK in January and on AT in February!! While i am satisfied with my turnout for BOINK, AT gave me my first 2010 finish!!
As promised to myself, i will resume with Lilies in March. I have to complete the quickie SAL soon (sometime this week), and there is something else i am working on. Once these two are done, it will be a date with the Lilies!!
On our weekend shopping there was a flat 50% discount on books - so here is my new addition
Edith Wharton - The House of Mirth
Cecelia Ahern - A Place Called Here
Harriet Beecher Stowe - Uncle Tom's Cabin
Barbara Delinsky - Looking for Peyton Place
As for my current read, i have picked up Amy Tan's The Kitchen God's Wife

2 comments:

  1. Happy dancing here with you(with Keith Urban's music)!
    It looks gorgeous! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, it is fabulous and I know you are feeling so good to finish it.

    ReplyDelete